The following is some tidbits I got from Jen's blog, with a bit of tweaking on my part.
Where I live in Kentucky, the high today is 89 degrees and it hard to begin thinking about the holidays. While Labor Day has barely passed, it really isn't too early to begin preparing for the holiday season.
I am beginning to think about the holidays even though I am still wilting from the heat when I go outside, but I am not alone. People all over the country and the world are beginning to think about the Christmas season this week.
Why?
This is the first week of the Holiday Grand Plan. Have you heard of it?
The Holiday Grand Plan is this awesome fully downloadable program. The Holiday Grand Plan gives you small, bite size chores to perform each week between now and New Year’s. It helps you get your house in order and by order I mean clean, really clean. It helps you plan your Christmas goodies, gift purchases, and meals. It helps you cook less in December so you can enjoy the season that much more. It helps you be less frazzled and harried leading up to the holidays so you can truly enjoy the spirit of the season.
The plan has Yahoo! groups for discussion if you want to share your Christmas planning with others on the net. The yahoo group has an annual Christmas Card Swap so you can give and get cards with other HGP participants from around the world.
You can download the checklists, planner pages, calendars and more from the official site. Best of all, there is no cost to participate in the program.
Probably the most difficult part of the plan is putting it in action and actually doing the work. Do you really want to be thinking about Christmas cards right now in September? Probably not. But, do you really want to be stressed over getting the cards out along with a shopping list a mile long the last couple of weeks of December? Definitely not!! Taking baby steps now makes Christmas so much more enjoyable and gives you so much more time to feel the spirit of Christ in your heart during the Christmas season.
The Holiday Grand Plan by Organized Christmas works for me!




1 comment:
Thanks for linking to me!
Post a Comment